Visitors to Canada – Super Visa
Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents can apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa for visiting family in Canada. With the action plan of government of Canada for faster family reunification, the super visa was launch. The multiple-entry visa will allow an applicant to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of their status. The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa will come into effect on December 1, 2011.
A prerequisite for applying for a super visa is to provide proof of travel insurance for visitors to Canada consistent with the following requirements:
A certificate proving that you have subscribed a medical insurance plan issued by a Canadian insurer. This coverage must be valid for a minimum period of one year and meet certain other conditions:
▪ covers the applicant for health care, hospitalization and repatriation;
▪ provides a minimum of $100,000 in coverage; and
▪ is valid for a minimum period of one year from the date of entry to Canada.
To subscribe a Super Visa Insurance:
Please contact us by Email or by phone at:
Worldescapade offers a range of Super Visa Insurances.
In addition to the minimum requirements such as overall coverage amount for health care and repatriation for at least $100,000, Worldescapade opens additional opportunities for the Super Visa Insurance:
▪ possibility to cover preexisting conditions;
▪ with or without deductible;
▪ request a higher maximum coverage amount (more than $100,000);
▪ coverage up to 85 years old;
▪ no cancellation fee upon presentation of the letter from immigration stating the non-acceptance of the visa (otherwise a fee will be charged for cancellation if requested over the 10 days following the subscription date).