Welcome to World Escapade Travel Insurance, the pleasure of travelling in full safety! Worldwide medical coverage during all types of travel; leisure, study and business. Your safe trip begins here.
We offer dynamic solutions for a planet that’s on the move. World Escapade Travel Insurance knows the needs of travelers for whom our products are designed! Whether you’re a backpacker, student, retiree or whatever your situation, World Escapade can provide you with travel insurance. Our insurance is focused on what is really important, medical & emergency evacuation or repatriation. Non-Medical and Trip Cancellation benefits are provided in option of your travel insurance (such as Personal liability, Personal accident, Flight delay, delayed, loss or damaged Baggage, etc.).
For international travelers
World Escapade Travel Insurance provides travelers of all nationalities (not resident in Canada or in the United States) medical cover at 100% of actual costs, in order to adequately protect their health against all risks during a trip abroad. A wide range of products secures the insured traveler. World Escapade also addresses to backpackers, students studying abroad, travelers going on a pilgrimage, voluntary cooperating NGOs and employees on a trade mission.
- Unlimited medical cover;
- Medical insurance without deductible or co-insurance;
- Worldwide coverage (except in the insured’s own country of permanent residence and the list below);
- Free cover for children under the age of 2;
- Repatriation in case of death;
- Emegency medical evacuation;
- 24-hour in-house emergency service including our own doctors on call;
- Direct settlement of all inpatient bills;
- Subscription opened even if you already left your home country. During the three first days of insurance you will be covered in case of accident only. From the fourth day of insurance, you will covered in case of accident or in case of illness;
- No exclusions on dangerous occupations or sports (with the exception of motorsport competitions/shows/races);
- Coverage of the expenses in connection with a necessary medical evacuation (sea and mountain), when this can be done by the normal official rescue teams (if you are just lost at sea or in mountain, search and rescue charges are not covered);
- Free choice of hospitals and doctors, including private hospitals;
- Option: trip cancellation insurance;
- Online coverage extension;
- Online access to your policy documentation;
- The preexisting conditions are not covered if there are not 6 months of stability prior to the beginning of the insurance period (read the insurance policy for the details).
The insured travelers under one of our World Escapade Travel Insurance plans are covered worldwide except for their country of residence and the following list of high risk countries and territories: Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Israel, West Bank/Gaza, Somalia, Yemen, Georgia, some regions of Democratic Republic of Congo (Ituri district, North Kivu, South Kivu, border areas with South Sudan and Uganda), some regions of the Russian Federation (Chechnya, Dagestan, Ingushetia, North Ossetia).
What safer way to begin your trip in purchasing travel insurance with World Escapade!
For the Canadian travelers
World Escapade Travel Insurance provides Canadian travelers medical cover at 100% of actual costs, in order to adequately protect their health against all risks during a trip abroad or in another province. A wide range of products secures the insured traveler. World Escapade also caters to visitors, applicants Super Visa, immigrants and foreign students on their way to Canada.
- Medical coverage with no deductible for a maximum of $1 million to $5 million;
- Full coverage for emergency treatment and medical evacuation,
subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions of the policy purchased;
- International assistance services in several languages;
- 24-Hour emergency service;
- Direct payment of all hospital bills (whenever possible);
- Multi-Trip Annual Plan, 16 or 30 days;
- Single Trip Daily Plan;
- All Inclusive or Non Medical Travel Plans;
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption Insurance;
- Visitors to Canada Plan or Super Visa Plan;
- Youth Plans at very affordable rates.
The travelers insured under one of our travel insurance contract(Escapade Single Trip, Escapade Multi-Trip, Escapade All-Inclusive, Escapae Non-Medical, Escapade Trip Cancellation, ALTO Youth Emergency Medical, ALTO Youth Premier Package, ALTO Youth Standard Package, Escapade Personal Liability, Escapade Personal Property) are covered worldwide except their province of residence and the trip destinations with a Travel Warning issued by Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. Canadians should either avoid non-essential travel or avoid all travel to the country.
Coverage and benefits
Clear and simple coverage levels so you know exactly what’s covered
Per person per trip (for ESCAPADE Emergency Medical Plan – The ALTO Youth Plan benefits may vary)
- MedicalCanadian dollar
- Benefits for medical emergency$5 million
- Hospital Accommodation Unlimited
- Physician Fees Unlimited
- Diagnostic Services Unlimited
- Prescription Drugs Limited to a 30-day supply per prescription
(si vous êtes hospitalisé pas de restriction)
- Ambulance Services Unlimited
- Emergency Air Transportation When approved in advance by the assistance center
- Qualified Medical Attendant When approved in advance by the assistance center
- Transportation to Bedside A round-trip economy airfare
- Return of Insured Travel Companion One-way economy airfare
- Treatment of Dental Accidents Up to $2 000
- Emergency Relief of Dental Pain Up to $350
- Vehicule return Up to $3,000
- Preparation and Return of Remains Up to $5, 000
- Escort of Children Up to cost of a one-way economy airfare or up to $ 1,000 for the services of a caregiver
- Remote Evacuation Up to $5,000
- Return to Trip DestinationA one-way economy airfare
- Hospital AllowanceUp to $50 per day, maximum $2,000
All travel insurance policies have specific exclusions so it’s common-sense to take the time to read the policy carefully.
If you subscribe a Multi-Trip Annual Plan for 16 or 30 days, or if you subscribe a Single Trip Daily Plan, please read the Emergency Medical Travel Insurance Policy.
If you subscribe an All Inclusive Travel Plan, please read the All Inclusive Package Policy and refer specifically to the Section 5 if you select the optional Trip Cancellation & Interruption Insurance.
If you subscribe a Non-Medical Travel Plan, please read the Non-Medical Package Policy and refer specifically to the Section 5 if you select the optional Trip Cancellation & Interruption Insurance. The Section 4 is not included in your coverage.
If you subscribe a Trip Cancellation & Interruption Insurance, please read the Trip Cancellation & Interruption Policy at the section 5 only.
If you subscribe an ALTO Youth Emergency Medical Plan, please read the ALTO Youth Emergency Medical Travel Insurance Policy.
If you subscribe an ALTO Youth Premier Package Plan, please read the ALTO Youth Premier Package Travel Insurance Policy.
If you subscribe an ALTO Youth Standard Package Plan, please read the ALTO Youth Standard Package Travel Insurance Policy.
If you subscribe an ALTO Youth Trip Cancellation Plan, please read the ALTO Youth Trip Cancellation Travel Insurance Policy.